The Masterclass content will be based on the Executive Education course but will go into greater depth on the Reducing Methane Emissions: Best Practices. The Masterclass will provide attendees with an understanding of the following:
- The imperative to reduce methane emissions and the opportunity to use best practices to address climate change.
- Understand how to identify the business case benefits associated with methane management with respect to revenue loss, social license to operate and safety.
- Understand how to categorise the nature and distribution of methane emissions arising from different stages of the supply chain and apply this understanding to their assets or in their company context.
- Understand how to identify the potential technological and operational sources of methane emissions.
- Understand the impact of super emitters, what they are, why they occur and how they may be tackled.
- Understand how to estimate global methane emissions from all anthropogenic sources, and particularly the contribution from oil and gas supply chains.
- Have knowledge of examples of best practice in methane management at different stages of the natural gas value chain.
- Define each of the Best Practices and how each contributes toward methane management.
- Classify and differentiate the many methods of estimation, measurement and reporting methane emissions, with respect to their costs, benefits and limitations.
- Identify the key requirements of successful methane management (the gap assessment tool), appraise their own company’s methane management strategy and plan for improvement.
- Evaluate key mitigation options associated with each Best Practices, with respect to technical feasibility, cost-effectiveness and other key determining factors in investment decisions (using the Best Practices Cost Model).
- Know where to go to get more information about the Best Practices.
- Have knowledge of the current and future regulation across different regions, as well as methane related emissions targets (voluntary and enforced).
The following Methane Masterclasses are planned. Course attendance is currently by invitation only. However, if you are interested in attending or hosting a course in the future, please complete the form below.
Please note these course dates are indicative and may change.
|Country / Region||Type of course||Sponsor||Date|
|Qatar||Masterclass for Qatar Petroleum and affiliates||Qatar Petroleum||30 January 2020|
|Qatar||Executive Course for Qatar Petroleum and affiliates||Qatar Petroleum||30 January 2020|
|Oman||Masterclass / Executive Course for gas company representatives||Total||February 2020
(margins of IGU)
|Italy||Executive Course for supply chain representatives||Eni / SNAM||24 March 2020|
|Norway||Masterclass for Equinor and gas facility staff||Equinor||19 May 2020|
|Russia||Executive Course / Masterclass||Rosneft||TBC 2020|
|Eastern Europe||Executive Course / Masterclass||Wintershall||TBC 2020|
|Eastern Europe||Executive Course / Masterclass||Eurogas||TBC 2020|
This course is currently by invitation only but if you or your company are interested in attending a course in the future, please register your interest below.