The Methane Guiding Principles partnership is a voluntary initiative. Our work focuses on developing interactive tools, guides and hands-on courses to reduce methane emissions from oil and gas. It is led and funded by MGP member organisations. They are supported by a secretariat under a dedicated Programme Manager.
- Methane Guiding Principles has a dedicated Programme Manager who sets the annual workplan and runs the organisation.
- Chris Rathbun joined as Programme Manager in June 2022.
- He is supported by a Programme Oversight Group comprising representatives from four Signatories and four Supporting Organisations.
- The Steering Committee is made up of one senior representative from each Signatory and Supporting Organisation.
- Members meet in person at an annual roundtable in January to approve the annual workplan and make decisions on future progress. They have a mid-year call to check on progress.
- The SteerCo’s philosophy is light-touch, collaborative, inclusive and action-oriented.
- The MGP Network comprises practitioner-level representatives from Signatories and Supporting Organisations.
- It meets periodically to engage on the annual workplan and progress the initiative.
- Taskforces are set up to accomplish a specific time-bound activity under the workplan.
- They are typically made up of several representatives of Signatories and Supporting Organisations.