The Methane Guiding Principles partnership is a voluntary initiative. Our work developing interactive tools, guides and hands-on courses to reduce methane emissions is led and funded by its member organisations. They are supported by a secretariat under a dedicated Programme Manager.
- Methane Guiding Principles has a dedicated Programme Manager who sets the annual workplan and runs the organisation
- He is supported by a Programme Oversight Group comprising representatives from four Signatories and four Supporting Organisations
- Chris Rathbun joined as Programme Manager in June 2022
- Made up of one senior representative from each Signatory and Supporting Organisation
- Meets at an annual roundtable to approve the annual workplan and make decisions on future progress.
- Its philosophy is light-touch, collaborative, inclusive and action-oriented.
- Comprises practitioner-level representatives from Signatories and Supporting Organisations
- Meets periodically to engage on the annual workplan and progress the initiative
- Set up to accomplish a specific time-bound activity under the workplan.
- Typically made up of several representatives of Signatories and Supporting Organisations