The objective of the Executive Education course is to provide attendees with an understanding of the following:
- The imperative to reduce methane emissions and the opportunity to use best practices to address climate change.
- How to identify the business case benefits associated with methane management with respect to revenue loss, social license to operate and safety.
- How to categorise the nature and distribution of methane emissions arising from different stages of the full natural gas supply chain and apply this understanding to their assets or in their company context.
- How to identify the potential technological and operational sources of methane emissions.
- The impact of super emitters, what they are, why they occur and how they may be tackled.
- How to estimate global methane emissions from all anthropogenic sources, and particularly the contribution from oil and gas supply chains.
- Examples of best practice in methane management at different stages of the natural gas value chain.
- The methane mitigation approaches associated with the Reducing Methane Emissions: Best Practices. The Executive Education course will emphasise how to ensure continuous improvement.
- The current and future regulation across different regions, as well as methane related emissions targets (voluntary and enforced).
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic the Executive Education course is being made available through a virtual delivery option. Course attendance is currently by invitation only. However, if you are interested in attending or hosting a course in the future, please complete the form below. Examples of courses that have run previously include:
|Country / Region||Type of course||Sponsor||Status|
|Qatar||Executive Course for Qatar Petroleum and affiliates||Qatar Petroleum||Delivered - January 2020|
|Oman||Executive Course for gas company representatives||Total||Delivered - February 2020|
|Virtual||Executive Course for supply chain representatives||Eni / SNAM||Delivered – November 2020|
This course is currently by invitation only but if you or your company are interested in attending a course in the future, please register your interest below.